Gorgeous light and views combined with State-of-the-Art design to offer unparalleled family-living in this sophisticated Marina residence. With an expansive open floor plan, this 3 bedroom 3.5 bathroom home was renovated in 2009 to provide custom-designed high-end living on three levels.
Access the residence via bamboo-inlaid stairway to enter an open-concept living space. A bright open chef’s kitchen to the right features limestone flooring, six-burner Thermador range/oven with professional series hood, stainless steel Bosch dishwasher, oversized stainless sink, custom stone counter with Venetian tile backsplash, large separate pantry, laundry room, and eat-in breakfast nook with doors to a deck.
A custom-stone breakfast bar extends open access from kitchen to light-filled Southern facing formal dining room featuring a set of sliding glass doors to deck and garden below for seamless indoor-outdoor entertaining year-round. A large formal living room with artisan-stone mantel and built-in gas fireplace completes this floor, offering ample space for indoor gathering with seamlessly integrated recessed lighting and zoned sound system, as well as adjacent elegant powder room with vessel sink in entry way.
On the second level a generous landing offers access to three distinctive retreats providing an ideal and comfy family layout. An elegant master suite includes master bathroom with deep jetted soaking tub, skylight above, separate artisan-tiled rain-shower and custom-designed walk-in closet. Two bright southern-facing bedrooms, one with a glass door to private deck, include custom closets and built-ins, and share a third bathroom with designer finishes.
Climb a set of stairs to a sexy pent level media room with full bath, providing myriad opportunities for entertaining and family living. This beautifully appointed room has sliding doors and windows facing in two directions with expansive views of the Bay, Golden Gate Bridge and city skyline to the north and Pacific Heights to the south. A large entertaining deck seamlessly extends indoor-outdoor living at its best. An additional deck to the north connects to a swanky exterior spiral staircase which offers access to lower level decking on the second, first, and garden levels.
The rear garden is custom designed and includes water-efficient turf-lawn surrounded by bamboo plantings, custom-built creative play elements, as well as a tranquil vertical garden. Ground level provides interior access to immaculate three-car garage with abundant built-in storage and tradesmen entrance.
Ideally located in upscale Marina District. Close to highly coveted shopping, dining and nightlife on Chestnut Street, fitness clubs, easy access to public transit and steps from Fort Mason National Park, Moscone Recreation Center, Funston Playground, Crissy Field and more.
- 1920’s residence completely rebuilt in 2009 to high-end specifications
- Approximately 2700 SqFt (per Graphic Artist)
- 3 bedrooms + separate pent level suite
- 3.5 bathrooms
- Chef’s kitchen with Thermador + Bosch appliances, stainless steel sink with custom fixtures, pasta pot-filler, instant filtered hot/cold water, stainless steel double-door refrigerator, custom dark-cherry cabinetry
- Laundry room with Whirlpool duet washer/dryer, sink and built-in cabinetry
- Pent level deck wired for sound system, includes custom-glass rail surround for year-round use
- Each level of residence offers access to outdoors where exterior stairways link together to provide seamless entry to multiple decks and garden level
- 3-car garage with built-in storage and interior access to home
- Custom Bamboo flooring
- Recessed lighting + modern light fixtures
- Double pane windows + sliders throughout
- Dual flush Toto toilets throughout
- Energy-efficient Tankless Water Heater
- NUVO wired surround-sound system in 4 zones
- AIPHONE video entry system
Laguna and Buchanan
Request More Information
- formal entry
- window coverings
- double pane windows
- window screens
- storage area(s)
- smoke alarm(s)
- fire sprinkler(s)
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Baths
- 1 Master Suite
- .5 Bath/Powder
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Ceiling Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Floor Insulation
- Weather Stripped
- Insulated Hot Wtr Ht
- Low-Flow Shower(s)
- Low-Flow Toilet(s)
- Dual Flush Toilet
- Shower and Tub
- Shower Over Tub
- Stall Shower
- Tub with Jets
- Sunken Tub
- Dual Flush Toilet
- Tub in Master Bdrm
- Gas Range
- Freestanding Range
- Cooktop Stove
- Hood Over Range
- Self-Cleaning Oven
- Ice Maker
- Garbage Disposal
- Breakfast Area
- Breakfast Room
- In Laundry Room
Attached, Garage, Auto Door, Interior Access
Water-Public, Sewer System-Public
- fenced yard
- Paved Driveway
- Paved Sidewalks
Additional Property Details
Lot Square Footage:
- smoke alarm(s)
- fire sprinkler(s)
- security alarm(s)
- security gate
- City Lights
- Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco
More About Marina
Rapid growth in The Marina occurred following the 1915 Panama Pacific Explosion, an event that was staged after the 1906 earthquake to celebrate San Francisco’s reemergence as a vibrant, thriving City that was back on its feet and ready for business. Today, the stylish 1920s-inspired apartments and flats that resulted from that growth still remain in immaculate form.
As the host of the San Francisco World’s Fair, the Marina District was gifted with the Palace of Fine Arts. It now serves as the neighborhood’s anchor and icon.
In a Few Words
Young and fun.
When it comes to things to do, The Marina delivers:
On a clear day, this rooftop neighborhood is a prime spot to see some of the most remarkable sunsets anywhere. Equally dramatic is watching the fog tumble under and over the Golden Gate Bridge to blanket the City.
Why The Marina?
Subtle details make The Marina’s streets feel quaint, yet the lovely vintage details found in so many of the homes, like parquet hardwood flooring, wood-burning fireplaces, arched doorways and entryways covered in mosaic tiles, make wandering aimlessly through The Marina is a joy within itself.
- Play catch or fly kites at the Marina Green Park, or jog beside the shoreline on Crissy Field.
- Brace the open waters for a swim at the Golden Gate Yacht Club, or browse one of the many festivals and farmer's markets at Fort Mason Center.
- Grab a bite at Bistro Aix, Ace Wasabi, Greens, The Tipsy Pig, Circa, The Plant Cafe, and the critically acclaimed A16.
- Pick up a gift or find something for the home at Books Inc., and Pottery Barn.
- Meet a friend for coffee at the Coffee Roastery or Chestnut Bakery.
- Schedule a babysitter and treat your significant other to date night at the Presidio Theatre and the Marina Theatre.
- Grab a drink and bite to eat at a number of hot spots including: Reed and Greenough, Delarosa, Risto Bar, or Mamacitas.